4.14.2012

Simplify, Clarify, De-mystify.

Now that I'm a bit more settled into a location (at least 3 weeks in Paris, France), I have more time to take in the simply joys. Like...walking. As I was taking a stroll on this nice partly cloudy (which is nice for Paris) day, I began to think about the word Simplicity. According to www.dictionary.com, simplicity is defined as:

1.the state, quality, or an instance of being simple.
2.freedom from complexity, intricacy, or division into parts: an organism of great simplicity.
3.absence of luxury, pretentiousness, ornament, etc.; plainness: a life of simplicity.
4.freedom from deceit or guile; sincerity; artlessness; naturalness: a simplicity of manner.
From passing by the tree scene above, I got to thinking about the reasons why simplicity is important in my life and why I'm a fan of decluttering my life in various manners. 
1. I worry less when I have less clutter (material or non-material)
2. When I look back at my life, I'm not going to remember the complications and material goods I've collected over the years. I always remember the little, simple things in life like helping a friend out rather than my Ipod.
3. The less clutter I have, the more energy and time I have to focus on listening to myself. 
4. When my life has been de-cluttered, I have a better idea about what is really important in my life. 
5. Helps me to slow down. Life is not a race; appreciate every moment even if you're stuck in traffic or in a not so desirable situation. I truly believe our thoughts control our actions; be aware. 



A video about Stuff.

-MsCathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...